About this Role
Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme (ACVVS) – Volunteers provide friendship and companionship to a person in an aged care facility in the Canterbury Bankstown and Inner West area who is experiencing social isolation and loneliness.
As a ACVVS Volunteer, you would visit your friend weekly or fortnightly on a one-to-one basis. The visits are friendly and relaxed and you may chat, talk about current news, reminisce, listen to music, play a board or card game.
• Caring and empathetic towards people with health issues • Enjoy spending time listening and talking with people
• Mature approach and interest in people
• Willing to visit regularly (weekly or fortnightly)
• Able to commit to visiting for 6 months or more
• Keep in regular contact with the Community Visitor Scheme coordinator • Over 18 years of age (over 16 years old may be considered)
• You may be bilingual
• Training, information and resources
• Continuing support and guidance from the Community Visitor Scheme coordinator
• National Police Check Certificate*
*Can be arranged through Chester Hill Neighbourhood Centre depending on the candidate’s suitability for the role
About the Scheme
Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme is an Australian Government-funded program that aims to enrich the quality of life of residents in aged care homes who are socially isolated and lonely.
Download the brochure and forms here for more information or to apply. ACVVS Volunteer Position Description Expression of Interest